Current Water Restrictions
The City Council initiated Stage 2 Water Restrictions.The Council voted unanimously to take the City from Stage 3, with once-weekly watering to Stage 2, with twice weekly watering effective June 16, 2015. The move is in response to the Lower Colorado River Authority’s recent lifting of watering restrictions required during the recent extreme drought conditions and low lake levels on Lakes Travis and Buchanan.
Conservation is still required because Lake Buchanan is still very low percentage of capacity and directly affects the City’s future water supply access.Stage 2 Requirements
- Odd-numbered residential addresses can water from 7 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday and from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 10 a.m. Thursday (additional day).
- Even-numbered residences can water from 7 p.m. Thursday to 10 a.m. Friday and from 7 p.m. Sunday until 10 a.m. Monday (additional day).
- Commercial and multi-family properties can water from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 10 a.m. Wednesday and from 7 p.m. Friday until 10 a.m. Saturday (additional day).
Washing of hard surfaces, which was banned under Stage 3, remains banned under Stage 2. The hard surface washing ban includes commercial pressure washing except in cases where the washing will correct a health and safety threat.
Other provisions remain the same. Washing of boats and cars must be done with a nozzle that cuts off when released. Landscape irrigation must be done in an efficient manner, and water may not runoff into the street in front of or past the owner’s property. Turf and plants may be hand watered at any time.Drip irrigation exemption
Drip irrigation is exempt from Horseshoe Bay’s Stage 2 landscape irrigation restrictions. While Horseshoe Bay water customers are free to operate drip systems at any time, the City asks that they avoid running the system from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. to minimize evaporation.
LCRA Domestic Water Contract Schedule
Watering Rules for those with LCRA Contracts for Lake Water.
For Horseshoe Bay property owners using water drawn from Lake LBJ under contract with LCRA, please follow the LCRA's irrigation schedule, and not the City of Horseshoe Bay's. The schedules are different.
Further, the LCRA is responsible for enforcing their watering rules, not the City. Information about LCRA's rules may be found with the following links:
- Conserving Drip by Drip (PDF)
- Deep Summer Turf Care Tips (PDF)
- Managing Your HSB Lawn (PDF)
- Water Conservation
If you have any questions regarding Stage 2 requirements or water conservation issues, please contact Bill Teeter, Water Conservation Inspector, at 830-598-9973 or by email.