Current Watering Restrictions
City of Horseshoe Bay Watering Restrictions (Stage 2)
The City maintains a twice weekly watering schedule for all utility customers. Conservation is still required because Lake Buchanan is still very low percentage of capacity and directly affects the City's future water supply access.
- Odd-numbered residential addresses can water from 7 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday and from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 10 a.m. Thursday (additional day).
- Even-numbered residences can water from 7 p.m. Thursday to 10 a.m. Friday and from 7 p.m. Sunday until 10 a.m. Monday (additional day).
- Commercial and multi-family properties can water from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 10 a.m. Wednesday and from 7 p.m. Friday until 10 a.m. Saturday (additional day).
Washing of boats and cars must be done with a nozzle that cuts off when released. Landscape irrigation must be done in an efficient manner, and water may not runoff into the street in front of or past the owner's property. Turf and plants may be hand watered at any time.
Drip irrigation exemption
While Horseshoe Bay water customers are free to operate drip systems at any time, the City asks that they avoid running the system from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. to minimize evaporation.
LCRA Domestic Water Contract Schedule
Watering Rules for those with LCRA Contracts for Lake Water.
For Horseshoe Bay property owners using water drawn from Lake LBJ under contract with LCRA, please follow the LCRA's irrigation schedule, and not the City of Horseshoe Bay's. The schedules are different.
Further, the LCRA is responsible for enforcing their watering rules, not the City. Information about LCRA's rules may be found with the following links:
- Conserving Drip by Drip (PDF)
- Deep Summer Turf Care Tips (PDF)
- Managing Your HSB Lawn (PDF)
- Water Conservation
Rainwater Harvesting Systems Information
If you have any questions regarding watering schedule requirements or water conservation issues, please contact Bill Teeter, Water Conservation Inspector, at 830-598-9973 or by email.