Recycle Center Services
A recycle and compactor center is available to all residents of the City of Horseshoe Bay. The center is located approximately 0.1 miles north of Highway 71 on Highway 2831, adjacent to the City’s Wastewater Treatment Plant. The center is open weekdays Monday thru Friday.
8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. except on scheduled holidays.
Effective August 2017, the Recycle Center will provide HSB residents, particularly avid glass recyclers, with an alternative to placing the glass in their curbside garbage. Residents are encouraged to bring glass items to the facility for placement in the designated recycle drop-off container.
The Center will accept the following recyclables:
Domestic garbage, dried water or latex-based paint, aluminum and metal cans, cardboard, office paper, newspaper, magazines, glass, plastic bottles, and jugs. Used motor oil and filters, antifreeze, batteries, electronics that do not contain wood in the structure.
The Center will not accept the following items:
Construction or remodeling scraps including carpeting materials, sheet-rock, boards, roofing materials, appliances (refrigerators, freezers, ice makers, air conditioners), tires, hazardous chemicals or waste, pesticides, or herbicides.
TV, Computer Recycling Resources
For those wanting to recycle televisions or computers, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality supplies guidance to the public about locations and organizations that will take these devices off your hands in an environmentally responsible way. For more information go to Texas Recycles TVs and Texas Recycles Computers.
Disposal Site Fees
Use of the site is free to City Residents, however, a recent garbage bill and valid ID is required to access the Reclamation Center. Residents are allowed up to 100 cubic yards in a 12-month period without cost. The material must be transported by the resident. If residents exceed 100 cubic feet, the fees below are applied to the additional volume.
An Annual Permit is required. Permits are issued by the Utility Services Department.
- $81.75 annual permit fee plus,
- 0-200 cubic yards: $1.72 per cubic yard
- 201-400 cubic yards: $2.87 per cubic yard
- Over 400 cubic yards: $4.00 per cubic yard
This facility is available only to Residents of Horseshoe Bay and to Permitted Commercial Customers that are hauling brush from within the corporate boundaries of the City of Horseshoe Bay (State Law: TCEQ Chapter 111, Sub-chapter B: Outdoor Burning). Commercial Customers must obtain an annual permit from the City Utility Office, located at 1 Community Drive. Operating hours for this facility are the same as the Recycle Center, however, it may be closed due to wet weather conditions.
Effective October 17, 2016, the City will be changing operations at the Brush Disposal Site. A Brush Site Monitor will be at the site to measure volumes for payment and ensure the location of the materials originated from a Horseshoe Bay address. The Monitor will also ensure all dumping will be in accordance with the rules of site disposal.
Commercial disposal only:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday - 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Closed on all scheduled City Holidays and during annual brush grinding.
City Residential Garbage Customers who only self-dispose of brush (not dispose of with contractor) may utilize the brush site during regular hours of operation. Each resident may dispose of up to 100 cubic yards, about 25 pickup loads, after which standard commercial rates will be charged.
All potential users must first check with the Recycle Center Monitor and show valid proof of their eligibility to use the site:
- A Horseshoe Bay Resident must provide a copy of a recent City garbage bill (along with driver's license or other valid I.D.
- Commercial Customers must show a copy of their annual permit and indicate the location within the Horseshoe Bay City limits where the brush originated.
Due to the necessity for security around the Wastewater Treatment Plant, all vehicles that enter this site will be recorded, and license numbers and operator name must be furnished.
Disposal Site Rules
The City does not accept recyclables or brush from the communities of Cottonwood Shores, Oak Ridge, Blue Lake, Sandy Harbor, Deerhaven, Sunrise Beach or any other entity that does not pay a refuse/garbage fee to the City. Even though these communities may show a Horseshoe Bay address.
- The facility is only for organic materials;
- Brush loads must be placed in designated locations;
- No trash, plastic bags, construction materials, bricks, CMU blocks, municipal solid waste, hazardous waste, material from commercial or industrial sites, or metal material is allowed;
- Bags holding organic material must be emptied and the bag removed from the site by the customer;
- Tree trunks must are limited to 6 inches in diameter and cut into sections no longer than 4 feet in length;
- Vehicles must remain on designated roads, as other areas of this site are high security and must not be entered;
- Tampering with any Wastewater Facility is considered a felony and will be prosecuted as such.