Current Watering Restrictions
City of Horseshoe Bay Watering Restrictions (Stage 2)
The City maintains a twice-weekly watering schedule for all utility customers based on odd or even addresses, or if the customer is a commercial or multi-family property. The watering schedule encourages conservation, which helps make sure water is always available, and reduces costs for the City water system and for our customers.
- Odd-numbered residential addresses can water from 7 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday and from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 10 a.m. Thursday.
- Even-numbered residences can water from 7 p.m. Thursday to 10 a.m. Friday and from 7 p.m. Sunday until 10 a.m. Monday.
- Commercial and multi-family properties can water from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 10 a.m. Wednesday and from 7 p.m. Friday until 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Drip irrigation is exempt and may run at any time. However, we ask that you do not run it between the hours of 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. to minimize evaporation.
Washing of boats and cars must be done with a nozzle that cuts off when released. Landscape irrigation must be done in an efficient manner, and water may not runoff into the street in front of or past the owner's property. Turf and plants may be hand-watered at any time.
LCRA Domestic Water Contract Schedule
For Horseshoe Bay property owners using water drawn from Lake LBJ under contract with LCRA, you must follow the LCRA's irrigation schedule, and not the City of Horseshoe Bay's rules.
The LCRA's schedule is as follows:
Odd-numbered addresses: Wednesday and Saturday
Even-numbered addresses: Thursday and Sunday
No watering may take place between the hours of 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
These rules are current as of August 2020.
- Conserving Drip by Drip (PDF)
- Deep Summer Turf Care Tips (PDF)
- Managing Your HSB Lawn (PDF)
- Water Conservation
Rainwater Harvesting Systems Information
If you have any questions regarding watering schedule requirements or water conservation issues, please contact Bill Teeter, Water Conservation Inspector, at 830-598-9973 or by email.