Do Contractors need to register with the City?

Yes!  City Council adopted an Ordinance that requires all contractors doing work in the City of Horseshoe Bay to register with the City through the Development Services Department.  This includes general commercial, general residential, home improvement, and manufactured home contractors.  Also, sub-contractors such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and irrigation contractors will need to register and show proof of valid State licenses. Contractors can submit a Contractor Registration Application or a Sub-Contractor Registration Application with the application fee to register as a contractor to do business in the City of Horseshoe Bay.  Contractors can Email a fully complete application and checklist items (checklist is found on the application) to Development Services.  You may also call 830-598-9959 for more information from Development Services.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to know if I want to use my home as a Short Term Rental?
2. How Do I Get a Permit for a Remodel, Pool, or Irrigation System?
3. When is a Building Permit needed for a Remodel/Renovation?
4. How do I get Information on the Architectural Guidelines in my Neighborhood?
5. How do I obtain a burn permit?
6. Do Contractors need to register with the City?
7. Who do I Contact About Obtaining a Fire Sprinkler System Permit?
8. How do I apply for a Peddlers & Vendors permit