The Finance Department's mission is to efficiently manage the City's fiscal resources to maximize the quality and quantity of services our government provides to our citizens.
The Finance Department is responsible for:
- Overseeing the annual audit and budget
- Advising management on financial planning and debt management for the City
- Collecting and disbursing all City funds
- Implementing effective internal control systems
- Managing fixed asset schedules
- Maintaining property and liability insurances
- Managing the City's investment portfolio in compliance with the Public Funds Investment Act (PFIA) and the adopted investment policy
The Finance Department's staff ensures that the City's accounting, reporting, utility billing and collections, accounts payable, and payroll activities are properly administered in accordance with local, State, and federal laws and guidelines.