City Manager's Office
The City Manager for the City of Horseshoe Bay is Jeff Koska.
Jeff has held the position of Director of Utilities from October 2008 until October 2021 when he was appointed to the Interim City Manager position. In January 2022 he was hired to the City Manager position. He previously worked as the Utilities Manager for Lake LBJ MUD (predecessor of the City of Horseshoe Bay) from July 1998 - September 2005. He returned to Horseshoe Bay as Director of Utilities in October 2008 after serving as the General Manager of Kingsland Municipal Utility District for three years. Jeff has worked in the Water and Wastewater business since 1985 and has been employed with the City of College Station and Trinity River Authority.
Jeff is a proud 5th generation Texan with family ties to the Battle of San Jacinto. He was born in Houston, graduated from Pine Tree High School in Longview, Texas and earned a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with double majors in Economics and International Business from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville Texas. An active member of the American Water Works and Texas Water Utilities Association since 1988. He is also a Trustee in the United Methodist Church of Marble Falls and has been active in several utility industry based technical committees throughout his career.
Jeff and his wife, Michelle, two of their children Austin and Taylor, and their spouses and five grandchildren, all reside in the Marble Falls area which the Koska family has called home since 1998.
Duties of the City Manager include:
- Draw the Council's attention to City needs and recommend alternatives by which the Council can respond to those needs
- Manage the City's funds and prepare reports that advise the Council and general public of the City's fiscal condition
- Prepare and execute the City's annual budget pursuant to the revenue and expenditure plans adopted by the Council
- Serve as a resource to City Council to facilitate its ability to make informed decisions in the best interests of the City
- Enforce all City ordinances, rules, and regulations
- Supervise all municipal employees and programs
The office of City Manager is an appointed position in which the individual selected serves at the pleasure of the Mayor and City Council.