Development Services Director
The current Development Services Director is Eric Winter. He is an Officer and Department Head of the City, appointed by and reports to the City Manager, and has been with the City since June of 2007.
The director is responsible for the following duties:
- The Development Services Director is responsible for reviewing all development applications for rezonings, replats, subdivisions and variances, and coordinates the activities of the Design Review Committee under the Development Policy for projects that require staff review.
- He supervises both Development Services Technicians, the Code Enforcement Officer and the Assistant Planner.
- The Director prepares all memos and support information for development applications to be considered by the Planning and Zoning Commission, City Council, and the Board of Adjustment and makes presentations to those bodies.
- The Director prepares ordinances, ordinance amendments, policies, resolutions, reports and other documents for the City Manager and City Council.
Mission of the Department
The mission of the Development Services Department is to:
- Help navigate developers, homeowners and others through the various rules and regulations designed to guide our community's growth and development
- Provide advice and guidance to the City Council, other Boards and Commissions, and other departments on development applications and regulations
- Prepare and enforce regulations for land development, building construction, signs, trash and litter, and other City codes
- Provide inspections of all new residential, commercial, and accessory building construction